40 CFR 55.14 - Requirements that apply to OCS sources located within 25 miles of States' seaward boundaries, by State.
(a) The requirements of this section shall apply to OCS sources as set forth below. In the event that a requirement of this section conflicts with an applicable requirement of § 55.13 of this part and a source cannot comply with the requirements of both sections, the more stringent requirement shall apply.
(4) For requirements adopted prior to promulgation of this part, language in such requirements limiting the applicability of the requirements to onshore sources or to sources within State boundaries shall not apply.
(c) During periods of EPA implementation and enforcement of this section, the following shall apply:
(1) Any reference to a State or local air pollution control agency or air pollution control officer shall mean EPA or the Administrator, respectively.
(2) Any submittal to State or local air pollution control agency shall instead be submitted to the Administrator through the EPA Regional Office.
(3) Nothing in this section shall alter or limit EPA's authority to administer or enforce the requirements of this part under Federal law.
(4) EPA shall not be bound by any State or local administrative or procedural requirements including, but not limited to, requirements pertaining to hearing boards, permit issuance, public notice procedures, and public hearings. EPA will follow the applicable procedures set forth elsewhere in this part, in 40 CFR part 124, and in Federal rules promulgated pursuant to title V of the Act (as such rules apply in the COA), when administering this section.
(5) Only those requirements of 40 CFR part 52 that are rationally related to the attainment and maintenance of Federal or State ambient air quality standards or part C of title I shall apply to OCS sources.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart C.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart F.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart I.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart K.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart W.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart FF.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart HH.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart II.
(i) 40 CFR part 52, subpart VV.
(e) State and local requirements. State and local requirements promulgated by EPA as applicable to OCS sources located within 25 miles of State's seaward boundaries have been compiled into separate documents organized by State and local areas of jurisdiction. These documents, set forth below, are incorporated by reference. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register Office in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552 (a) and 40 CFR part 51. Copies may be inspected at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030 or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code _of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. Copies of rules pertaining to particular States or local areas may be inspected or obtained from the EPA Docket Center-Public Reading Room, EPA West Building, Room 3334, 1301 Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20004 or the appropriate EPA regional offices: U.S. EPA, Region I (Massachusetts) 5 Post Office Square, Boston, MA 02109-3912; U.S.EPA, Region III (Delaware and Virginia) 1650 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, (215) 814-5000; U.S. EPA, Region 4 (Florida and North Carolina), 61 Forsyth Street, Atlanta, GA 30303; U.S. EPA, Region 9 (California), 75 Hawthorne Street, San Francisco, CA 94105; and U.S. EPA Region 10 (Alaska), 1200 Sixth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101. For an informational listing of the State and local requirements incorporated into this part, which are applicable to sources of air pollution located on the OCS, see appendix A to this part.
(A) South Central Alaska Clean Air Authority Requirements Applicable to OCS Sources, August 21, 1992.
(E) San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District Requirements Applicable to OCS Sources, February 2000.
(F) Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District Requirements Applicable to OCS Sources, March 2011.
(G) South Coast Air Quality Management District Requirements Applicable to OCS Sources (Parts I, II and III), September 2009.
(H) Ventura County Air Pollution Control District Requirements Applicable to OCS Sources, May, 2009.
(A) State of North Carolina Air Pollution Control Requirements Applicable to OCS Sources, January 2, 2008.
(A) Outer Continental Shelf Air Regulations Consistency Update for Virginia, in effect as of March 2, 2011.
[57 FR 40806, Sept. 4, 1992]
For Federal Register citations affecting § 55.14, see the List of CFR Sections Affected, which appears in the Finding Aids section of the printed volume and at www.fdsys.gov.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.