40 CFR 60.21 - Definitions.
Terms used but not defined in this subpart shall have the meaning given them in the Act and in subpart A:
(a)Designated pollutant means any air pollutant, the emissions of which are subject to a standard of performance for new stationary sources, but for which air quality criteria have not been issued and that is not included on a list published under section 108(a) or section 112(b)(1)(A) of the Act.
(b)Designated facility means any existing facility (see § 60.2(aa)) which emits a designated pollutant and which would be subject to a standard of performance for that pollutant if the existing facility were an affected facility (see § 60.2(e)).
(c)Plan means a plan under section 111(d) of the Act which establishes emission standards for designated pollutants from designated facilities and provides for the implementation and enforcement of such emission standards.
(e)Emission guideline means a guideline set forth in subpart C of this part, or in a final guideline document published under § 60.22(a), which reflects the degree of emission reduction achievable through the application of the best system of emission reduction which (taking into account the cost of such reduction) the Administrator has determined has been adequately demonstrated for designated facilities.
(f)Emission standard means a legally enforceable regulation setting forth an allowable rate of emissions into the atmosphere, establishing an allowance system, or prescribing equipment specifications for control of air pollution emissions.
(g)Compliance schedule means a legally enforceable schedule specifying a date or dates by which a source or category of sources must comply with specific emission standards contained in a plan or with any increments of progress to achieve such compliance.
(5) Final compliance.
(j)Local agency means any local governmental agency.
- 40 CFR 60.39b — Reporting and Recordkeeping Guidelines and Compliance Schedules.
- 40 CFR 60.24 — Emission Standards and Compliance Schedules.
- 40 CFR 62.2354 — Compliance Schedules.
- 40 CFR 60.5040 — Are There Any State Plan Requirements for This Subpart That Apply Instead of the Requirements Specified in Subpart B?
- 40 CFR 60.2988 — Are There Any State Plan Requirements for This Subpart That Apply Instead of the Requirements Specified in Subpart B of This Part?
- 40 CFR 60.2540 — Are There Any State Plan Requirements for This Subpart That Apply Instead of the Requirements Specified in Subpart B?
- 40 CFR 60.1540 — Are There Any State Plan Requirements for This Subpart That Supersede the Requirements Specified in Subpart B?