40 CFR 60.482-5a - Standards: Sampling connection systems.
(b) Each closed-purge, closed-loop, or closed-vent system as required in paragraph (a) of this section shall comply with the requirements specified in paragraphs (b)(1) through (4) of this section.
(1) Gases displaced during filling of the sample container are not required to be collected or captured.
(3) Gases remaining in the tubing or piping between the closed-purge system valve(s) and sample container valve(s) after the valves are closed and the sample container is disconnected are not required to be collected or captured.
(4) Each closed-purge, closed-loop, or closed-vent system shall be designed and operated to meet requirements in either paragraph (b)(4)(i), (ii), (iii), or (iv) of this section.
(i) Return the purged process fluid directly to the process line.
(ii) Collect and recycle the purged process fluid to a process.
(iv) Collect, store, and transport the purged process fluid to any of the following systems or facilities:
(A) A waste management unit as defined in 40 CFR 63.111, if the waste management unit is subject to and operated in compliance with the provisions of 40 CFR part 63, subpart G, applicable to Group 1 wastewater streams;
(D) A waste management unit subject to and operated in compliance with the treatment requirements of 40 CFR 61.348(a), provided all waste management units that collect, store, or transport the purged process fluid to the treatment unit are subject to and operated in compliance with the management requirements of 40 CFR 61.343 through 40 CFR 61.347; or
(E) A device used to burn off-specification used oil for energy recovery in accordance with 40 CFR part 279, subpart G, provided the purged process fluid is not hazardous waste as defined in 40 CFR part 261.
(c) In-situ sampling systems and sampling systems without purges are exempt from the requirements of paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 60 after this date.
- 40 CFR 60.5401 — What Are the Exceptions to the Equipment Leak Standards for Affected Facilities at Onshore Natural Gas Processing Plants?
- 40 CFR 60.482-1a — Standards: General.
- 40 CFR 60.5401a — What Are the Exceptions to the Equipment Leak GHG and VOC Standards for Affected Facilities at Onshore Natural Gas Processing Plants?