40 CFR 60.483-1a - Alternative standards for valves - allowable percentage of valves leaking.
(a) An owner or operator may elect to comply with an allowable percentage of valves leaking of equal to or less than 2.0 percent.
(b) The following requirements shall be met if an owner or operator wishes to comply with an allowable percentage of valves leaking:
(1) An owner or operator must notify the Administrator that the owner or operator has elected to comply with the allowable percentage of valves leaking before implementing this alternative standard, as specified in § 60.487a(d).
(c) Performance tests shall be conducted in the following manner:
(2) If an instrument reading of 500 ppm or greater is measured, a leak is detected.
(3) The leak percentage shall be determined by dividing the number of valves for which leaks are detected by the number of valves in gas/vapor and light liquid service within the affected facility.
(d) Owners and operators who elect to comply with this alternative standard shall not have an affected facility with a leak percentage greater than 2.0 percent, determined as described in § 60.485a(h).
- 40 CFR 60.487a — Reporting Requirements.
- 40 CFR 60.5400 — What Equipment Leak Standards Apply to Affected Facilities at an Onshore Natural Gas Processing Plant?
- 40 CFR 60.592a — Standards.
- 40 CFR 60.482-7a — Standards: Valves in Gas/Vapor Service and in Light Liquid Service.
- 40 CFR 60.485a — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 60.5400a — What Equipment Leak GHG and VOC Standards Apply to Affected Facilities at an Onshore Natural Gas Processing Plant?