40 CFR 61.242-10 - Standards: Delay of repair.
(a) Delay of repair of equipment for which leaks have been detected will be allowed if repair within 15 days is technically infeasible without a process unit shutdown. Repair of this equipment shall occur before the end of the next process unit shutdown.
(c) Delay of repair for valves will be allowed if:
(1) The owner or operator demonstrates that emissions of purged material resulting from immediate repair are greater than the fugitive emissions likely to result from delay of repair, and
(d) Delay of repair for pumps will be allowed if:
(1) Repair requires the use of a dual mechanical seal system that includes a barrier fluid system, and
(2) Repair is completed as soon as practicable, but not later than 6 months after the leak was detected.
(e) Delay of repair beyond a process unit shutdown will be allowed for a valve if valve assembly replacement is necessary during the process unit shutdown, valve assembly supplies have been depleted, and valve assembly supplies had been sufficiently stocked before the supplies were depleted. Delay of repair beyond the next process unit shutdown will not be allowed unless the next process unit shutdown occurs sooner than 6 months after the first process unit shutdown.
- 40 CFR 61.242-3 — Standards: Compressors.
- 40 CFR 61.135 — Standard: Equipment Leaks.
- 40 CFR 61.242-8 — Standards: Pressure Relief Services in Liquid Service and Connectors.
- 40 CFR 61.242-7 — Standards: Valves.
- 40 CFR 61.242-2 — Standards: Pumps.
- 40 CFR 61.242-4 — Standards: Pressure Relief Devices in Gas/Vapor Service.