40 CFR 62.14423 - What are the qualification requirements for operators who do not participate in a State-approved program?
(2) The operator must have either 6 months experience as an HMIWI operator, 6 months experience as a direct supervisor of an HMIWI operator, or completion of at least two burn cycles under the observation and supervision of two qualified HMIWI operators.
(b) The operator's qualification is valid after paragraphs (a)(1) and (2) of this section are completed.
(c) To remain qualified, the operator must complete and pass an annual review or refresher course of at least 4 hours covering, at a minimum, the following:
(1) Update of regulations;
(3) Inspection and maintenance;
(5) Discussion of operating problems encountered by attendees.
(d) If the operator's qualification lapses, he or she must renew it by one of the following methods:
(1) For a lapse of less than 3 years, complete and pass a standard annual refresher course described in paragraph (c) of this section;
(2) For a lapse of 3 years or more, complete and pass a training course with the minimum criteria described in § 62.14422.