§ 62.14472When must I comply with this subpart if I plan to shut down and later restart?
If you wish to shut down and later restart, then you must follow the compliance times in paragraph (a), (b), or (c) of this section depending on when you shut down and restart.
(a) If you plan to shut down and restart prior to September 15, 2002, then you must:
(1) Meet the compliance schedule outlined in § 63.14470(a) if you restart prior to August 15, 2001; or
(2) Meet the compliance schedule outlined in § 62.14470(b) if you restart after August 15, 2001. Any missed increments of progress need to be completed prior to or upon the date of restart.
(b) If you plan to shut down by August 15, 2001, and restart after September 15, 2002, then you must complete the requirements of paragraphs (b)(1) through (b)(5) of this section.
(1) You must shut down by August 15, 2001.
(2) You must comply with the operator training and qualification requirements and inspection requirements (if applicable) of this subpart before restarting your HMIWI.
(3) You must achieve final compliance upon restarting your HMIWI. This includes incorporating all process changes and/or completing retrofit construction, connecting the air pollution control equipment or process changes such that the HMIWI is brought on line, and ensuring that all necessary process changes and air pollution control equipment are operating properly.
(4) You must conduct the initial performance test required by § 62.14450(a) (for small rural HMIWI) or § 62.14451(a) (for HMIWI that are not small rural HMIWI) within 180 days after the date when you restart.
(5) You must submit an initial report including the results of the initial performance test and the waste management plan no later than 60 days following the initial performance test (see §§ 62.14463 and 62.14464 for complete reporting and recordkeeping requirements).
(c) If you plan to shut down after August 15, 2001, and restart after September 15, 2002, then you must complete the requirements of paragraphs (c)(1) and (c)(2) of this section.
(1) You must petition EPA for an extension by following the procedures outlined in § 63.14471 paragraphs (b)(1) through (b)(3).
(2) You must comply with the requirements of paragraphs (b)(2) through (b)(5) of this section.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.