40 CFR 63.450 - Standards for enclosures and closed-vent systems.
(a) Each enclosure and closed-vent system specified in §§ 63.443(c), 63.444(b), and 63.445(b) for capturing and transporting vent streams that contain HAP shall meet the requirements specified in paragraphs (b) through (d) of this section.
(b) Each enclosure shall maintain negative pressure at each enclosure or hood opening as demonstrated by the procedures specified in § 63.457(e). Each enclosure or hood opening closed during the initial performance test specified in § 63.457(a) shall be maintained in the same closed and sealed position as during the performance test at all times except when necessary to use the opening for sampling, inspection, maintenance, or repairs.
(c) Each component of the closed-vent system used to comply with §§ 63.443(c), 63.444(b), and 63.445(b) that is operated at positive pressure and located prior to a control device shall be designed for and operated with no detectable leaks as indicated by an instrument reading of less than 500 parts per million by volume above background, as measured by the procedures specified in § 63.457(d).
(d) Each bypass line in the closed-vent system that could divert vent streams containing HAP to the atmosphere without meeting the emission limitations in §§ 63.443, 63.444, or 63.445 shall comply with either of the following requirements:
(1) On each bypass line, the owner or operator shall install, calibrate, maintain, and operate according to the manufacturer's specifications a flow indicator that is capable of taking periodic readings as frequently as specified in § 63.454(e). The flow indicator shall be installed in the bypass line in such a way as to indicate flow in the bypass line; or
(2) For bypass line valves that are not computer controlled, the owner or operator shall maintain the bypass line valve in the closed position with a car seal or a seal placed on the valve or closure mechanism in such a way that valve or closure mechanism cannot be opened without breaking the seal.
- 40 CFR 63.456 — Affirmative Defense for Violation of Emission Standards During Malfunction.
- 40 CFR 60.283a — Standard for Total Reduced Sulfur (TRS).
- 40 CFR 63.446 — Standards for Kraft Pulping Process Condensates.
- 40 CFR 63.453 — Monitoring Requirements.
- 40 CFR 63.457 — Test Methods and Procedures.
- 40 CFR 63.454 — Recordkeeping Requirements.