40 CFR 63.4683 - When do I have to comply with this subpart?
The date by which you must comply with this subpart is called the compliance date. The compliance date for each type of affected source is specified in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this section. The compliance date begins the initial compliance period during which you conduct the initial compliance demonstration described in §§ 63.4740, 63.4750, and 63.4760.
(c) For an area source that increases its emissions or its potential to emit such that it becomes a major source of HAP emissions, the compliance date is specified in paragraphs (c)(1) and (2) of this section.
(1) For any portion of the source that becomes a new or reconstructed affected source subject to this subpart, the compliance date is the date of initial startup of the affected source or May 28, 2003, whichever is later.
(2) For any portion of the source that becomes an existing affected source subject to this subpart, the compliance date is the date 1 year after the area source becomes a major source or 3 years after May 28, 2003, whichever is later.
(d) You must meet the notification requirements in § 63.4710 according to the dates specified in that section and in subpart A of this part. Some of the notifications must be submitted before the compliance dates described in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this section.
- 40 CFR 63.4700 — What Are My General Requirements for Complying With This Subpart?
- 40 CFR 63.4760 — By What Date Must I Conduct Performance Tests and Other Initial Compliance Demonstrations?
- 40 CFR 63.4750 — By What Date Must I Conduct the Initial Compliance Demonstration?
- 40 CFR 63.4740 — By What Date Must I Conduct the Initial Compliance Demonstration?