40 CFR 63.4693 - What work practice standards must I meet?
(b) If you use the emission rate with add-on controls option, you must develop and implement a work practice plan to minimize organic HAP emissions from the storage, mixing, and conveying of coatings, thinners, and cleaning materials used in, and waste materials generated by, the coating operation(s); or you must meet an alternative standard as provided in paragraph (d) of this section. The plan must specify practices and procedures to ensure that, at a minimum, the elements specified in paragraphs (b)(1) through (5) of this section are implemented. You must make the plan available upon request for inspection by the Administrator.
(1) All organic-HAP coatings, thinners, cleaning materials, and waste materials must be stored in closed containers.
(2) Spills of organic-HAP coatings, thinners, cleaning materials, and waste materials must be minimized.
(c) If your affected source has an existing documented plan that incorporates steps taken to minimize emissions from the sources specified in paragraphs (b)(1) through (5) of this section, then your existing plan can be used to meet the requirement for a work practice plan as specified in paragraph (b) of this section.
(d) As provided in § 63.6(g), we, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), may choose to grant you permission to use an alternative to the work practice standards in this section.
- 40 CFR 63.4730 — What Records Must I Keep?
- 40 CFR 63.4761 — How Do I Demonstrate Initial Compliance?
- 40 CFR 63.4780 — Who Implements and Enforces This Subpart?
- 40 CFR 63.4700 — What Are My General Requirements for Complying With This Subpart?
- 40 CFR 63.4760 — By What Date Must I Conduct Performance Tests and Other Initial Compliance Demonstrations?
- 40 CFR 63.4763 — How Do I Demonstrate Continuous Compliance With the Emission Limitations?
- 40 CFR 63.4710 — What Notifications Must I Submit?
- 40 CFR 63.4691 — What Are My Options for Meeting the Emission Limits?