40 CFR 63.7295 - What requirements must I meet for quenching?
(b) For each quench tower at a new or existing coke oven battery and each backup quench station at a new coke oven battery, you must meet each of the requirements in paragraphs (b)(1) through (4) of this section.
(i) You are not required to wash the baffles in a quench tower if the highest measured ambient temperature remains less than 30 degrees Fahrenheit throughout that day (24-hour period). If the measured ambient temperature rises to 30 degrees Fahrenheit or more during the day, you must resume daily washing according to the schedule in your operation and maintenance plan.
(ii) You must continuously record the ambient temperature on days that the baffles were not washed.
(4) You must initiate repair or replacement of damaged or missing baffles within 30 days and complete as soon as practicable.
- 40 CFR 63.7325 — What Test Methods and Other Procedures Must I Use to Demonstrate Initial Compliance With the TDS or Constituent Limits for Quench Water?
- 40 CFR 63.7334 — How Do I Demonstrate Continuous Compliance With the Work Practice Standards That Apply to Me?
- 40 CFR 63.7326 — How Do I Demonstrate Initial Compliance With the Emission Limitations That Apply to Me?
- 40 CFR 63.7327 — How Do I Demonstrate Initial Compliance With the Work Practice Standards That Apply to Me?
- 40 CFR 63.7320 — By What Date Must I Conduct Performance Tests or Other Initial Compliance Demonstrations?
- 40 CFR 63.7333 — How Do I Demonstrate Continuous Compliance With the Emission Limitations That Apply to Me?
- 40 CFR 63.7351 — Who Implements and Enforces This Subpart?