40 CFR 63.7935 - What are my general requirements for complying with this subpart?
(a) You must be in compliance with the emissions limitations (including operating limits) and the work practice standards in this subpart at all times, except during periods of startup, shutdown, and malfunction.
(b) You must always operate and maintain your affected source, including air pollution control and monitoring equipment, according to the provisions in § 63.6(e)(1)(i).
(c) You must develop a written startup, shutdown, and malfunction plan (SSMP) according to the provisions in § 63.6(e)(3).
(e) You must report each instance in which you did not meet each emissions limitation and each operating limit that applies to you. This includes periods of startup, shutdown, and malfunction. You must also report each instance in which you did not meet the requirements for work practice standards that apply to you. These instances are deviations from the emissions limitations and work practice standards in this subpart. These deviations must be reported according to the requirements in § 63.7951.
(f) Consistent with §§ 63.6(e) and 63.7(e)(1), deviations that occur during a period of startup, shutdown, or malfunction are not violations if you demonstrate to the Administrator's satisfaction that you were operating in accordance with § 63.6(e)(1). We will determine whether deviations that occur during a period of startup, shutdown, or malfunction are violations, according to the provisions in § 63.6(e).
(g) For each monitoring system required in this section, you must develop and make available for inspection by the permitting authority, upon request, a site-specific monitoring plan that addresses the following:
(1) Installation of the continuous monitoring system sampling probe or other interface at a measurement location relative to each affected process unit such that the measurement is representative of control of the exhaust emissions (e.g., on or downstream of the last control device).
(2) Performance and equipment specifications for the sample interface, the pollutant concentration or parametric signal analyzer, and the data collection and reduction system.
(3) Performance evaluation procedures and acceptance criteria (e.g., calibrations).
(h) In your site-specific monitoring plan, you must also address the following:
(1) Ongoing operation and maintenance procedures according to the general requirements of § 63.8(c)(1), (3), (4)(ii), (7), and (8).
(2) Ongoing data quality assurance procedures according to the general requirements of § 63.8(d).
(3) Ongoing recordkeeping and reporting procedures according to the general requirements of § 63.10(c), (e)(1), and (e)(2)(i).
(i) You must operate and maintain the continuous monitoring system according to the site-specific monitoring plan.
(j) You must conduct a performance evaluation of each continuous monitoring according to your site-specific monitoring plan.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 63 after this date.