40 CFR 63.7985 - Am I subject to the requirements in this subpart?
(a) You are subject to the requirements in this subpart if you own or operate miscellaneous coating manufacturing operations, as defined in paragraph (b) of this section, that meet the conditions specified in paragraphs (a)(1) through (4) of this section.
(3) Process, use, or produce HAP.
(4) Are not part of an affected source under another subpart of this part 63.
(b) Miscellaneous coating manufacturing operations include the facilitywide collection of equipment described in paragraphs (b)(1) through (4) of this section that is used to manufacture coatings as defined in § 63.8105. Miscellaneous coating manufacturing operations also include cleaning operations.
(1) Process vessels.
(2) Storage tanks for feedstocks and products.
(c) If the predominant use of a transfer rack loading arm or storage tank (including storage tanks in series) is associated with miscellaneous coating manufacturing, and the loading arm or storage tank is not part of an affected source under a subpart of this part 63, then you must assign the loading arm or storage tank to the miscellaneous coating manufacturing operations. If the predominant use cannot be determined, and the loading arm or storage tank is not part of an affected source under a subpart of this part 63, then you must assign the loading arm or storage tank to the miscellaneous coating manufacturing operations. If the use varies from year to year, then you must base the determination on the utilization that occurred during the year preceding December 11, 2003 or, if the loading arm or storage tank was not in operation during that year, you must base the use on the expected use for the first 5-year period after startup. You must include the determination in the notification of compliance status report specified in § 63.8075(d). You must redetermine the predominant use at least once every 5 years after the compliance date.
(1) Research and development facilities, as defined in section 112(c)(7) of the CAA.
(2) The affiliated operations located at an affected source under subparts GG (National Emission Standards for Aerospace Manufacturing and Rework Facilities), KK (National Emission Standards for the Printing and Publishing Industry), JJJJ (NESHAP: Paper and Other Web Coating), future MMMM (National Emission Standards for Miscellaneous Metal Parts and Products Surface Coating Operations) and SSSS (NESHAP: Surface Coating of Metal Coil) of 40 CFR part 63. Affiliated operations include, but are not limited to, mixing or dissolving of coating ingredients; coating mixing for viscosity adjustment, color tint or additive blending, or pH adjustment; cleaning of coating lines and coating line parts; handling and storage of coatings and solvent; and conveyance and treatment of wastewater.
(3) Ancillary equipment such as boilers and incinerators (only those not used to comply with the emission limits in Tables 1 through 5 to this subpart), chillers and refrigeration systems, and other equipment that is not directly involved in the manufacturing of a coating (i.e., it operates as a closed system, and materials are not combined with materials used to manufacture the coating).
(4) Quality assurance/quality control laboratories.