40 CFR § 68.75 - Management of change.
(a) The owner or operator shall establish and implement written procedures to manage changes (except for “replacements in kind”) to process chemicals, technology, equipment, and procedures; and, changes to stationary sources that affect a covered process.
(b) The procedures shall assure that the following considerations are addressed prior to any change:
(1) The technical basis for the proposed change;
(2) Impact of change on safety and health;
(3) Modifications to operating procedures;
(4) Necessary time period for the change; and,
(5) Authorization requirements for the proposed change.
(c) Employees involved in operating a process and maintenance and contract employees whose job tasks will be affected by a change in the process shall be informed of, and trained in, the change prior to start-up of the process or affected part of the process.
(e) If a change covered by this paragraph results in a change in the operating procedures or practices required by § 68.69, such procedures or practices shall be updated accordingly.