40 CFR § 71.24 - Permit applications.
(a) Where to file. To apply for a compliance extension and an alternative emission limitation under this subpart, the owner or operator of an early reductions source shall file a complete permit application with the appropriate EPA Regional Office. The owner or operator shall also send a copy of the application to the appropriate State agency; to the EPA Emission Standards Division, Mail Drop 13, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27711 (attention: Early Reductions Officer); and to the EPA Office of Enforcement, EN-341W, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460 (attention: Early Reductions Officer).
(i) 120 days after proposal of an otherwise applicable standard issued under section 112(d) of the Act; or
(ii) March 21, 1995.
(3) If the post-reduction year does not end at least one month before the permit application deadline under paragraphs (b)(1) or (b)(2) of this section, the source may file the post-reduction emissions information required under paragraph (e)(2) of this section later as a supplement to the original permit application. In such cases, this supplemental information shall be submitted to the Administrator no later than one month after the end of the post-reduction year.
(4) If a source test will be the supporting basis for establishing post-reduction emissions for one or more emissions units in the early reductions source, the test results shall be submitted by the deadline for submittal of a permit application under this section.
(c) Complete application. To be found complete, an application must provide all information required pursuant to paragraph (e) of this section, except for the information on post-reduction emissions required under paragraph (e)(2) of this section. Applications for permit revision need supply the information required under paragraph (e) of this section only if it is related to the proposed change. Information submitted under paragraph (e) of this section must be sufficient to allow the Administrator to determine if the early reductions source meets the applicable requirements of subpart D of part 63 of this chapter. Unless the Administrator determines that an application is not complete within 45 days of receipt of the application, such application shall be deemed to be complete, except as otherwise provided in § 71.26(a)(3). If, while processing an application that has been determined or deemed to be complete, the Administrator determines that additional information is necessary to evaluate or take final action on that application, the Administrator may request such information in writing and set a reasonable deadline for a response.
(d) Duty to supplement or correct application. Any applicant who fails to submit any relevant facts or who has submitted incorrect information in a permit application shall, upon becoming aware of such failure or incorrect submittal, promptly submit such supplementary facts or corrected information. In addition, an applicant shall provide additional or revised information as necessary to address any requirements of subpart D of part 63 of this chapter (Compliance Extensions for Early Reductions) or of this subpart that become applicable to the early reductions source after the date it filed a complete application but prior to release of a draft permit.
(e) Required information. The following elements are required information for permit applications under this subpart:
(1) Identifying information, including company name, telephone number, and address (or plant name, telephone number, and address if different from the company name); owner's name, telephone number, and agent; and telephone number(s) and name(s) of plant site manager/contact;
(2) All information required in § 63.74 of this chapter, including that needed to describe the early reductions source, its base year and post-reduction emissions, and supporting basis for the emissions;
(3) A statement of the proposed alternative emission limitation for hazardous air pollutants from the early reductions source on an annual basis, reflecting the emission reductions required to qualify the early reductions source for a compliance extension under subpart D of part 63 of this chapter;
(4) Additional emission limiting requirements, such as work practice standards or limitations on operation, which are necessary to assure proper operation of installed control equipment and compliance with the annual alternative emission limitation for the early reductions source;
(5) Information necessary to define alternative operating scenarios for the early reductions source or permit terms and conditions for trading hazardous air pollutant increases and decreases under § 71.25(a)(10), including any associated permit terms and conditions needed to assure compliance with the alternative emission limitation under the alternative operating scenarios or pollutant trading; and
(6) Statements related to compliance meeting the following criteria:
(i) A statement of methods proposed to determine compliance by the early reductions source with the proposed alternative emission limitation, including a description of monitoring devices and activities, emission calculation procedures, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements and test methods; and
(f) Any application form, report, or compliance certification submitted pursuant to these regulations shall contain certification by a responsible official of truth, accuracy, and completeness. This certification and any other certification required under this part shall state that, based on information and belief formed after reasonable inquiry, the statements and information in the document are true, accurate, and complete.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.