40 CFR § 717.5 - Persons subject to this part.
(1) All manufacturers of chemical substances are subject to this part except as provided in § 717.7(a). If manufacture of a chemcial substance occurs at any site owned or controlled by a firm then that firm is subject to this part.
(2) A manufacturer must collect:
(3) For the purpose of this part, owned or controlled means ownership of 50 percent or more of a firm's voting stock or other equity rights, or the power to control the management and policies of that firm.
(1) A person who processes chemical substances, who is not also a manufacturer of those chemical substances, is subject to this part if (i) the person processes chemical substances to produce mixtures, or (ii) the person repackages chemical substances or mixtures.
(2) As a processor subject to this part such person must collect:
(c) SIC code. SIC codes applicable to this part are published in Standard Industrial Classification Manual - 1972 and the 1977 Supplement. This manual and supplement may be obtained from the U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C. 20402 - stock number 4101-0006 and stock number 003-005-0170-0 respectively. Where there is a conflict between the SIC code use of a term and the definition of that term in this part, the definition in this part applies.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.