40 CFR 72.21 - Submissions.
(a) Each submission under the Acid Rain Program shall be submitted, signed, and certified by the designated representative for all sources on behalf of which the submission is made.
(b) In each submission under the Acid Rain Program, the designated representative shall certify, by his or her signature:
(1) The following statement, which shall be included verbatim in such submission: “I am authorized to make this submission on behalf of the owners and operators of the source or units for which the submission is made.”
(2) The following statement, which shall be included verbatim in such submission: “I certify under penalty of law that I have personally examined, and am familiar with, the statements and information submitted in this document and all its attachments. Based on my inquiry of those individuals with primary responsibility for obtaining the information, I certify that the statements and information are to the best of my knowledge and belief true, accurate, and complete. I am aware that there are significant penalties for submitting false statements and information or omitting required statements and information, including the possibility of fine or imprisonment.”
(c) The Administrator and the permitting authority shall accept or act on a submission made on behalf of owners or operators of an affected source and an affected unit only if the submission has been made, signed, and certified in accordance with paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section.
(1) The designated representative of a source shall serve notice on each owner and operator of the source and of an affected unit at the source:
(i) By the date of submission, of any Acid Rain Program submissions by the designated representative and
(ii) Within 10 business days of receipt of a determination, of any written determination by the Administrator or the permitting authority,
(iii) Provided that the submission or determination covers the source or the unit.
(2) The designated representative of a source shall provide each owner and operator of an affected unit at the source a copy of any submission or determination under paragraph (d)(1) of this section, unless the owner or operator expressly waives the right to receive such a copy.
(e) The provisions of this section shall apply to a submission made under parts 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, and 78 of this chapter only if it is made or signed or required to be made or signed, in accordance with parts 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, and 78 of this chapter, by:
(1) The designated representative; or
(2) The authorized account representative or alternate authorized account representative of a compliance account.