40 CFR § 79.32 - Motor vehicle gasoline.
(a) The following fuels commonly or commercially known or sold as motor vehicle gasoline are hereby individually designated:
(1) Motor vehicle gasoline, unleaded - motor vehicle gasoline that contains no more than 0.05 gram of lead per gallon;
(2) Motor vehicle gasoline, leaded, premium - motor vehicle gasoline that contains more than 0.05 gram of lead per gallon and is sold as “premium;”
(3) Motor vehicle gasoline, leaded, non-premium - motor vehicle gasoline that contains more than 0.05 gram of lead per gallon but is not sold as “premium.”
(b) All designated motor vehicle gasolines must be registered by September 7, 1976.
(c) Fuel manufacturers must submit the reports specified in 40 CFR part 1090, subpart J.
(d) In accordance with §§ 79.5(a)(2) and 79.11(f), and to the extent such information is known to the fuel manufacturer, he shall furnish summaries of any information developed by or specifically for him concerning the following items:
(1) Mechanisms of action of each additive he reports;
(2) Reactions between such additives and motor vehicle gasoline;
(3) Identification and measurement of the emission products of such additives when used in motor vehicle gasoline;
(4) Effects of such additives on all emissions;
(5) Toxicity and any other public health or welfare effects of the emission products of such additives;
(6) Effects of the emission products of such additives on the performance of emission control devices/systems. Such submissions shall be accompanied by a description of the test procedures used in obtaining the information. Information will be considered to be known to the fuel manufacturer if a report thereon has been prepared and circulated or distributed outside the research department or division.