40 CFR 80.1107 - How is the Renewable Volume Obligation calculated?
(a) The Renewable Volume Obligation for an obligated party is determined according to the following formula:
(c) All of the following products that are produced or imported during a compliance period, collectively called “gasoline” for purposes of this section (unless otherwise specified), are to be included (but not double-counted) in the volume used to calculate a party's renewable volume obligation under paragraph (a) of this section, except as provided in paragraph (d) of this section:
(3) Gasoline produced or imported for use in Alaska, Hawaii, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas, unless the area has opted into the RFS program under § 80.1143.
(4) Gasoline produced by a small refinery that has an exemption under § 80.1141 or an approved small refiner that has an exemption under § 80.1142 until January 1, 2011 (or later, for small refineries, if their exemption is extended pursuant to § 80.1141(e)).
(5) Gasoline exported for use outside the 48 United States, and gasoline exported for use outside Alaska, Hawaii, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas, if the area has opted into the RFS program under § 80.1143.
- 40 CFR 80.1141 — Small Refinery Exemption.
- 40 CFR 80.1151 — What Are the Recordkeeping Requirements Under the RFS Program?
- 40 CFR 80.1152 — What Are the Reporting Requirements Under the RFS Program?
- 40 CFR 80.1142 — What Are the Provisions for Small Refiners Under the RFS Program?
- 40 CFR 80.1127 — How Are RINs Used to Demonstrate Compliance?
- 40 CFR 80.1106 — To Whom Does the Renewable Volume Obligation Apply?