40 CFR 80.1143 - What are the opt-in provisions for noncontiguous states and territories?
(a) A noncontiguous state or United States territory may petition the Administrator to opt-in to the program requirements of this subpart.
(b) The Administrator will approve the petition if it meets the provisions of paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section.
(c) The petition must be signed by the Governor of the state or his authorized representative (or the equivalent official of the territory).
(1) A petition submitted under this section must be received by the Agency by November 1 for the state or territory to be included in the RFS program in the next calendar year.
(2) A petition submitted under this section should be sent to either of the following addresses:
(i) For U.S. Mail: U.S. EPA - Attn: RFS Program, 6406J, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20460.
(ii) For overnight or courier services: U.S. EPA, Attn: RFS Program, 6406J, 1310 L Street, NW., 6th floor, Washington, DC 20005.
(e) Upon approval of the petition by the Administrator:
(1) EPA shall calculate the standard for the following year, including the total gasoline volume for the State or territory in question.
(2) Beginning on January 1 of the next calendar year, all gasoline refiners and importers in the state or territory for which a petition has been approved shall be obligated parties as defined in § 80.1106.
(3) Beginning on January 1 of the next calendar year, all renewable fuel producers in the State or territory for which a petition has been approved shall, pursuant to § 80.1126(a)(2), be required to generate RINs and assign them to batches of renewable fuel.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 80 after this date.