40 CFR 80.1153 - What are the product transfer document (PTD) requirements for the RFS program?
(a) Any time that a person transfers ownership of renewable fuels subject to this subpart, the transferor must provide to the transferee documents identifying the renewable fuel and any assigned RINs which include all of the following information as applicable:
(1) The name and address of the transferor and transferee.
(2) The transferor's and transferee's EPA company registration number.
(3) The volume of renewable fuel that is being transferred.
(4) The date of the transfer.
(5) Whether any RINs are assigned to the volume, as follows:
(ii) If the assigned RINs are being transferred on a separate PTD from that which is used to transfer ownership of the renewable fuel, then the PTD which is used to transfer ownership of the renewable fuel shall state the number of gallon-RINs being transferred as well as a unique reference to the PTD which is transferring the assigned RINs.
(b) Except for transfers to truck carriers, retailers, or wholesale purchaser-consumers, product codes may be used to convey the information required under paragraphs (a)(1) through (a)(4) of this section if such codes are clearly understood by each transferee. The RIN number required under paragraph (a)(5) of this section must always appear in its entirety.
- 40 CFR 80.1128 — General Requirements for RIN Distribution.
- 40 CFR 80.1151 — What Are the Recordkeeping Requirements Under the RFS Program?
- 40 CFR 80.1164 — What Are the Attest Engagement Requirements Under the RFS Program?
- 40 CFR 80.1129 — Requirements for Separating RINs From Volumes of Renewable Fuel.