40 CFR 85.1411 - Labeling requirements.
(a) All retrofit/rebuild equipment certified pursuant to this subpart shall contain a label that shall be affixed to the rebuilt engine which states, “Certified to EPA Urban Bus Engine Rebuild Standards,” the model and serial number of the equipment, the particulate emissions certification level of the equipment, and the name of the equipment certifier or other party designated to determine the validity of warranty claims. The label containing the information must be made durable and readable for at least the in-use compliance period of the equipment.
(b) The package in which the certified retrofit/rebuild equipment is contained, or an insert as described in paragraph (c) of this section, must have the following information conspicuously placed thereon:
(1) The statement “Certified by (name of certifier or warranter) to EPA Urban Bus Engine Rebuild Emission Standards”; and
(2) A list of the vehicles or engines (in accordance with § 85.1407(a)(1)(ii)) for which the equipment is certified, unless such information is provided as specified in paragraph (d) of this section.
(c) The package in which the certified retrofit/rebuild equipment is contained must include the following information provided on a written insert:
(1) A list of the vehicles or engines (in accordance with § 85.1407(a)(1)(ii)) for which the equipment is certified, unless such information is provided as specified in paragraph (d) of this section;
(2) A list of all of the parts and identification numbers for the parts included in the package;
(3) The instructions for proper installation of the equipment;
(4) A statement of the maintenance or replacement interval for which the retrofit/rebuild equipment is certified; and
(5) A description of the maintenance necessary to be performed on the retrofit/rebuild equipment in the proper maintenance and use of the equipment.
(d) The information required by paragraphs (b)(2) and (c)(1) of this section may be provided in a catalog rather than on the package or on an insert, provided that access to the catalog is readily available to purchasers and installers of the equipment.
(e) When an equipment certifier desires to certify existing in-service stocks of its products, it may do so provided:
(1) The equipment does not differ in any operational or durability characteristic from the equipment specified in the notification made pursuant to § 85.1407; and
(2) An information sheet is made available to all parties selling the equipment.
(i) The information sheet shall be provided with all equipment sold as certified; and
(ii) The information sheet shall contain all of the information specified in paragraph (b) of this section.
Title 40 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 85 after this date.