(ii)(B)(16) A description of vehicle adjustments or modifications required by §§ 86.094-8(j) and 86.094-9(j), if any, to assure that light-duty vehicles and light-duty trucks covered by a certificate of conformity conform to the regulations while being operated at any altitude locations, and a statement of the altitude at which the adjustments or modifications apply.
(17) A description of the light-duty vehicles and light-duty trucks which are exempted from the high altitude emission standards.
(18) Proof that the manufacturer has obtained or entered an agreement to purchase, when applicable, the insurance policy required by the § 85.1510(b) of this chapter. The manufacturer may submit a copy of the insurance policy or purchase agreement as proof that the manufacturer has obtained or entered an agreement to purchase the insurance policy.
(C) The results of all emission tests the manufacturer performs to demonstrate compliance with the applicable standards.
(D)(1) The following statement signed by the authorized representative of the manufacturer: “The vehicles (or engines) described herein have been tested in accordance with (list of the applicable subparts A, B, D, I, M, N, or P) of part 86, title 40, Code of Federal Regulations, and on the basis of those tests are in conformance with that subpart. All of the data and records required by that subpart are on file and are available for inspection by the EPA Administrator. We project the total U.S. sales of vehicles (engines) subject to this subpart (including all vehicles and engines imported under the provisions of 40 CFR 85.1505 and 40 CFR 85.1509) to be fewer than 10,000 units.”
(2) A statement as required by and contained in § 86.094-14(c)(5) signed by the authorized representative of the manufacturer.
(3) A statement that the vehicles or engines described in the manufacturer's application for certification are not equipped with auxiliary emission control devices which can be classified as a defeat device as defined in § 86.092-2.
(5) A statement that, based on the manufacturer's engineering evaluation and/or emission testing, the light-duty vehicles and light-duty trucks comply with emission standards at high altitude unless exempt under § 86.094-8(h) or § 86.094-9(h).
[58 FR 4035, Jan. 12, 1993, as amended at 75 FR 22979, Apr. 30, 2010]
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.