40 CFR 86.1605 - Information to be submitted.
(a) Manufacturers shall submit to the Administrator the text of the altitude performance adjustment instructions to be provided to vehicle owners and service establishments. Each set of altitude performance adjustment instructions must set forth the adjustment procedure (including the installation of the label required by § 86.1606) to be followed and identify the vehicles for which the instructions are applicable. At a minimum, each set of instructions shall identify the vehicle applicability by manufacturer, car line, model year, engine displacement, engine family, and exhaust emission control systems. Manufacturers may specify vehicle applicability in greater detail if necessary, but such specifications must be identifiable to the public and the service industry through vehicle marking or codes.
(b) The manufacturer shall submit to the Administrator the following information about the adjustments:
(1) Specifications of changes in calibrations of any component, including the original and new calibration values or curves;
(3) Descriptions of component replacements, including all items in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, for the new parts. Also, a description of the differences between the original component and the new component with respect to design, calibration, and function;
(4) Descriptions of any special tools necessary to perform the adjustments.
(c) The manufacturer shall submit to the Administrator the following evaluations of the adjustments:
(1) A statement that the conditions of § 86.1604 (a) (1) and (2) are not caused by the adjustment, and supporting information for this statement consisting of technical evaluations (consistent with good engineering practice) or emission test data.
(2) A statement that vehicle performance is generally unchanged or improved as result of the adjustments, and supporting information for this statement consisting of technical evaluations or driver evaluations.
(3) Information that shows compliance with section 202(a)(4)(A) of the Act (which prohibits vehicles from causing unreasonable risks to public health, welfare, and safety).
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 86 after this date.