(a) The manufacturer shall make available to the public as part of the altitude performance adjustment instructions the labels described in this section. Instructions for installing the labels according to the requirements of this section shall be provided with each label.
(b) The label installation instructions shall indicate the following information.
(1) For light-duty vehicles, light-duty trucks, and heavy-duty engines, the label should be affixed in a readily visible position in the engine compartment and beside (to the extent possible) the existing label which is required under § 86.079-35.
(2) For motorcycles, the label should be affixed in a readily accessible position and beside (to the extent possible) the existing label which is required under § 86.413-78(a)(1).
(3) The instructions shall also indicate that the label should not be affixed to any equipment that can be easily detached from the vehicle.
(c) The label must be constructed such that if installed properly, it cannot be removed without destroying or defacing the label.
(d) The label shall contain the following information lettered in the English language in block letters and numerals, which must be of a color that contrasts with the background of the label:
(1) The label heading: Vehicle Emission Control Information Update;
(2) Full corporate name and trademark of the vehicle manufactuer;
(3) The statement: “This vehicle has been (adjusted) (modified) to improve emission control performance when operated at (high) (low) altitude”;
(4) Information on where altitude performance adjustment instructions may be obtained or include the actual altitude performance adjustment instructions;
(5) The new tuneup specifications (if changed from the original label specifications) at the applicable altitude.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.