40 CFR 89.6 - Reference materials.
The materials listed in this section are incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, a document must be published in the Federal Register and the material must be available to the public. All approved materials are available for inspection at the Air and Radiation Docket and Information Center (Air Docket) in the EPA Docket Center (EPA/DC) at Rm. 3334, EPA West Bldg., 1301 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC. The EPA/DC Public Reading Room hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number of the EPA/DC Public Reading Room is (202) 566-1744, and the telephone number for the Air Docket is (202) 566-1742. These approved materials are also available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call (202) 741-6030 or go to http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. In addition, these materials are available from the sources listed below.
(a)ASTM material. Copies of these materials may be obtained from ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Dr., P.O. Box C700, West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, or by calling (877) 909-ASTM, or at http://www.astm.org.
(2) ASTM D93-09 (Approved December 15, 2009), Standard Test Methods for Flash Point by Pensky-Martens Closed Cup Tester, IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(5) ASTM D445-09 (Approved July 1, 2009), Standard Test Method for Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids (the Calculation of Dynamic Viscosity), IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(9) ASTM D5186-96, Standard Test Method for “Determination of the Aromatic Content and Polynuclear Aromatic Content of Diesel Fuels and Aviation Turbine Fuels By Supercritical Fluid Chromatography, IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(b)California Air Resources Board Test Procedure. The material is from Title 13, California Code of Regulations, Sections 2420-2427, as amended by California Air Resources Board Resolution 92-2 and published in California Air Resources Board mail out #93-42, September 1, 1993. Copies of these materials may be obtained from the California Air Resources Board, Haagen-Smit Laboratory, 9528 Telstar Ave., El Monte, CA 91731-2908, or by calling (800) 242-4450.
(c)SAE material. Copies of these materials may be obtained from the Society of Automotive Engineers International, 400 Commonwealth Dr., Warrendale, PA 15096-0001, or by calling (877) 606-7323 (United States and Canada only) or (724) 776-4970 (outside the United States and Canada only), or at http://www.sae.org.
(1) SAE J244, June 83, Recommended Practice for Measurement of Intake Air or Exhaust Gas Flow of Diesel Engines, IBR approved for § 89.416.
(3) SAE Paper 770141, 1977, Optimization of a Flame Ionization Detector for Determination of Hydrocarbon in Diluted Automotive Exhausts, Glenn D. Reschke, IBR approved for § 89.319.
- 40 CFR 89.112 — Oxides of Nitrogen, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrocarbon, and Particulate Matter Exhaust Emission Standards.
- 40 CFR 89.319 — Hydrocarbon Analyzer Calibration.
- 40 CFR 89.119 — Emission Tests.
- 40 CFR 89.416 — Raw Exhaust Gas Flow.
- 40 CFR 89.327 — Charge Cooling.
- 40 CFR 89.509 — Calculation and Reporting of Test Results.
- 40 CFR 89.207 — Credit Calculation.
- 40 CFR 89.120 — Compliance With Emission Standards.