40 CFR 89.6 - Reference materials.
The materials listed in this section are incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, a document must be published in the Federal Register and the material must be available to the public. All approved materials are available for inspection at the Air and Radiation Docket and Information Center (Air Docket) in the EPA Docket Center (EPA/DC) at Rm. 3334, EPA West Bldg., 1301 Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC. The EPA/DC Public Reading Room hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number of the EPA/DC Public Reading Room is (202) 566-1744, and the telephone number for the Air Docket is (202) 566-1742. These approved materials are also available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call (202) 741-6030 or go to http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. In addition, these materials are available from the sources listed below.
(a) ASTM material. Copies of these materials may be obtained from ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Dr., P.O. Box C700, West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, or by calling (877) 909-ASTM, or at http://www.astm.org.
(1) ASTM D86-97, Standard Test Method for Distillation of Petroleum Products at Atmospheric Pressure, IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(2) ASTM D93-09 (Approved December 15, 2009), Standard Test Methods for Flash Point by Pensky-Martens Closed Cup Tester, IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(3) ASTM D129-95, Standard Test Method for Sulfur in Petroleum Products (General Bomb Method), IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(4) ASTM D287-92, Standard Test Method for API Gravity of Crude Petroleum and Petroleum Products (Hydrometer Method), IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(5) ASTM D445-09 (Approved July 1, 2009), Standard Test Method for Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids (the Calculation of Dynamic Viscosity), IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(6) ASTM D613-95, Standard Test Method for Cetane Number of Diesel Fuel Oil, IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(7) ASTM D1319-98, Standard Test Method for Hydrocarbon Types in Liquid Petroleum Products by Fluorescent Indicator Adsorption, IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(8) ASTM D2622-98, Standard Test Method for Sulfur in Petroleum Products by Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry, IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(9) ASTM D5186-96, Standard Test Method for “Determination of the Aromatic Content and Polynuclear Aromatic Content of Diesel Fuels and Aviation Turbine Fuels By Supercritical Fluid Chromatography, IBR approved for appendix A to subpart D.
(10) ASTM E29-93a, Standard Practice for Using Significant Digits in Test Data to Determine Conformance with Specifications, IBR approved for §§ 89.120, 89.207, 89.509.
(b) California Air Resources Board Test Procedure. The material is from Title 13, California Code of Regulations, Sections 2420-2427, as amended by California Air Resources Board Resolution 92-2 and published in California Air Resources Board mail out #93-42, September 1, 1993. Copies of these materials may be obtained from the California Air Resources Board, Haagen-Smit Laboratory, 9528 Telstar Ave., El Monte, CA 91731-2908, or by calling (800) 242-4450.
(1) California Regulations for New 1996 and Later Heavy-Duty Off-Road Diesel Cycle Engines, IBR approved for §§ 89.112, 89.119, 89.508.
(c) SAE material. Copies of these materials may be obtained from the Society of Automotive Engineers International, 400 Commonwealth Dr., Warrendale, PA 15096-0001, or by calling (877) 606-7323 (United States and Canada only) or (724) 776-4970 (outside the United States and Canada only), or at http://www.sae.org.
(1) SAE J244, June 83, Recommended Practice for Measurement of Intake Air or Exhaust Gas Flow of Diesel Engines, IBR approved for § 89.416.
(2) SAE J1937, November 89, Recommended Practice for Engine Testing with Low Temperature Charge Air Cooler Systems in a Dynamometer Test Cell, IBR approved for § 89.327.
(3) SAE Paper 770141, 1977, Optimization of a Flame Ionization Detector for Determination of Hydrocarbon in Diluted Automotive Exhausts, Glenn D. Reschke, IBR approved for § 89.319.
[77 FR 2461, Jan. 18, 2012]
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.