40 CFR 90.505 - Maintenance of records; submittal of information.
(a) The manufacturer of any new nonroad engine subject to any of the provisions of this subpart shall establish, maintain, and retain the following adequately organized and indexed records:
(1) General records. A description of all equipment used to test engines, as specified in subpart D of this part, in accordance with § 90.508 pursuant to a test order issued under this subpart.
(2) Individual records. These records pertain to each audit conducted pursuant to this subpart and shall include:
(i) The date, time, and location of each test;
(ii) The number of hours of service accumulated on the engine when the test began and ended;
(iii) The names of all supervisory personnel involved in the conduct of the audit;
(iv) A record and description of any repairs performed prior to and/or subsequent to approval by the Administrator, giving the date, associated time, justification, name(s) of the authorizing personnel, and names of all supervisory personnel responsible for the conduct of the repair;
(v) The date the engine was shipped from the assembly plant, associated storage facility or port facility and date the engine was received at the testing facility;
(vi) A complete record of all emission tests performed pursuant to this subpart (except tests performed directly by EPA), including all individual worksheets and/or other documentation relating to each test, or exact copies thereof, to be in accordance with the record requirements specified in §§ 90.405, 90.406, 90.418, and/or 90.425 as applicable.
(vii) A brief description of any significant audit events commencing with the test engine selection process, but not described under paragraph (a)(2) of this section, including such extraordinary events as engine damage during shipment.
(3) The manufacturer shall record test equipment description, pursuant to paragraph (a)(1) of this section, for each test cell that can be used to perform emission testing under this subpart.
(b) The manufacturer shall retain all records required to be maintained under this subpart for a period of one year after completion of all testing in response to a test order. Records may be retained as hard copy or reduced to microfilm, floppy disc, and so forth, depending upon the manufacturer's record retention procedure, provided that in every case all the information contained in the hard copy is retained.
(c) The manufacturer shall, upon request by the Administrator, submit the following information with regard to engine production:
(1) Projected U.S. sales data for each engine configuration within each engine family for which certification is requested;
(2) Number of engines, by configuration and assembly plant, scheduled for production for the time period designated in the request;
(3) Number of engines, by configuration and by assembly plant, storage facility or port facility, scheduled to be stored at facilities for the time period designated in the request; and
(4) Number of engines, by configuration and assembly plant, produced during the time period designated in the request that are complete for introduction into commerce.
(d) Nothing in this section limits the Administrator's discretion in requiring the manufacturer to retain additional records or submit information not specifically required by this section.
(e) The manufacturer shall address all reports, submissions, notifications, and requests for approvals made under this subpart to: Director, Manufacturers Operations Division, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 6405-J, 401 M St., SW., Washington, DC 20460.