40 CFR 90.509 - Calculation and reporting of test results.
(a) Initial test results are calculated following the applicable test procedure specified in paragraph (a) of § 90.508. The manufacturer shall round these results, in accordance with ASTM E29-93a, to the number of decimal places contained in the applicable emission standard expressed to one additional significant figure. ASTM E29-93a has been incorporated by reference. See § 90.7.
(1) Final test results are calculated by summing the initial test results derived in paragraph (a) of this section for each test engine, dividing by the number of tests conducted on the engine, and rounding to the same number of decimal places contained in the applicable standard. For Phase 2 engines only, this result shall be expressed to one additional significant figure.
(2) Final deteriorated test results (for Phase 2 test engines only) are calculated by applying the appropriate deterioration factors, from the certification process for the engine family, to the final test results, and rounding to the same number of decimal places contained in the applicable standard.
(1) The location and description of the manufacturer's exhaust emission test facilities which were utilized to conduct testing reported pursuant to this section;
(2) The applicable standards or compliance levels against which the engines were tested;
(4) For each test conducted;
(i) Test engine description, including:
(B) Year, make and build date;
(C) Engine identification number; and
(D) Number of hours of service accumulated on engine prior to testing;
(ii) Location where service accumulation was conducted and description of accumulation procedure and schedule;
(iii) Test number, date, test procedure used, initial test results before and after rounding and final test results for all exhaust emission tests, whether valid or invalid, and the reason for invalidation, if applicable;
(iv) A complete description of any modification, repair, preparation, maintenance, and/or testing which was performed on the test engine and has not been reported pursuant to any other paragraph of this subpart and will not be performed on all other production engines;
(vi) Any other information the Administrator may request relevant to the determination as to whether the new engines being manufactured by the manufacturer do in fact conform with the regulations with respect to which the certificate of conformity was issued; and
(5) The following statement and endorsement:
This report is submitted pursuant to sections 213 and 208 of the Clean Air Act. This Selective Enforcement Audit was conducted in complete conformance with all applicable regulations under 40 CFR part 90et seq. and the conditions of the test order. No emission-related changes to production processes or quality control procedures for the engine family tested have been made between receipt of the test order and conclusion of the audit. All data and information reported herein is, to the best of (Company Name) knowledge, true and accurate. I am aware of the penalties associated with violations of the Clean Air Act and the regulations thereunder. (Authorized Company Representative.)
Title 40 published on 10-May-2017 04:28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 90 after this date.