40 CFR § 97.260 - Submission of CAIR SO2 allowance transfers.
(a) A CAIR authorized account representative seeking recordation of a CAIR SO2 allowance transfer shall submit the transfer to the Administrator. To be considered correctly submitted, the CAIR SO2 allowance transfer shall include the following elements, in a format specified by the Administrator:
(1) The account numbers of both the transferor and transferee accounts;
(2) The serial number of each CAIR SO2 allowance that is in the transferor account and is to be transferred; and
(3) The name and signature of the CAIR authorized account representatives of the transferor and transferee accounts and the dates signed.
(1) The CAIR authorized account representative for the transferee account can meet the requirements in paragraph (a)(3) of this section by submitting, in a format prescribed by the Administrator, a statement signed by the CAIR authorized account representative and identifying each account into which any transfer of allowances, submitted on or after the date on which the Administrator receives such statement, is authorized. Such authorization shall be binding on any CAIR authorized account representative for such account and shall apply to all transfers into the account that are submitted on or after such date of receipt, unless and until the Administrator receives a statement signed by the CAIR authorized account representative retracting the authorization for the account.
(2) The statement under paragraph (b)(1) of this section shall include the following: “By this signature I authorize any transfer of allowances into each account listed herein, except that I do not waive any remedies under State or Federal law to obtain correction of any erroneous transfers into such accounts. This authorization shall be binding on any CAIR authorized account representative for such account unless and until a statement signed by the CAIR authorized account representative retracting this authorization for the account is received by the Administrator.”
The following state regulations pages link to this page.