40 CFR § 97.273 - Notifications.
(a) General provisions. The CAIR designated representative shall comply with all recordkeeping and reporting requirements in this section, the applicable recordkeeping and reporting requirements in subparts F and G of part 75 of this chapter, and the requirements of § 97.210(e)(1).
(b) Monitoring Plans. The owner or operator of a CAIR SO2 unit shall comply with requirements of § 75.62 of this chapter and, for a unit for which a CAIR opt-in permit application is submitted and not withdrawn and a CAIR opt-in permit is not yet issued or denied under subpart III of this part, §§ 97.283 and 97.284(a).
(c) Certification Applications. The CAIR designated representative shall submit an application to the Administrator within 45 days after completing all initial certification or recertification tests required under § 97.271, including the information required under § 75.63 of this chapter.
(d) Quarterly reports. The CAIR designated representative shall submit quarterly reports, as follows:
(1) The CAIR designated representative shall report the SO2 mass emissions data and heat input data for the CAIR SO2 unit, in an electronic quarterly report in a format prescribed by the Administrator, for each calendar quarter beginning with:
(i) For a unit that commences commercial operation before July 1, 2008, the calendar quarter covering January 1, 2009 through March 31, 2009;
(ii) For a unit that commences commercial operation on or after July 1, 2008, the calendar quarter corresponding to the earlier of the date of provisional certification or the applicable deadline for initial certification under § 97.270(b), unless that quarter is the third or fourth quarter of 2008, in which case reporting shall commence in the quarter covering January 1, 2009 through March 31, 2009;
(iii) Notwithstanding paragraphs (d)(1)(i) and (ii) of this section, for a unit for which a CAIR opt-in permit application is submitted and not withdrawn and a CAIR opt-in permit is not yet issued or denied under subpart III of this part, the calendar quarter corresponding to the date specified in § 97.284(b); and
(iv) Notwithstanding paragraphs (d)(1)(i) and (ii) of this section, for a CAIR SO2 opt-in unit under subpart III of this part, the calendar quarter corresponding to the date on which the CAIR SO2 opt-in unit enters the CAIR SO2 Trading Program as provided in § 97.284(g).
(2) The CAIR designated representative shall submit each quarterly report to the Administrator within 30 days following the end of the calendar quarter covered by the report. Quarterly reports shall be submitted in the manner specified in § 75.64 of this chapter.
(3) For CAIR SO2 units that are also subject to an Acid Rain emissions limitation or the CAIR NOX Annual Trading Program, CAIR NOX Ozone Season Trading Program, or Hg Budget Trading Program, quarterly reports shall include the applicable data and information required by subparts F through I of part 75 of this chapter as applicable, in addition to the SO2 mass emission data, heat input data, and other information required by this subpart.
(e) Compliance certification. The CAIR designated representative shall submit to the Administrator a compliance certification (in a format prescribed by the Administrator) in support of each quarterly report based on reasonable inquiry of those persons with primary responsibility for ensuring that all of the unit's emissions are correctly and fully monitored. The certification shall state that:
(1) The monitoring data submitted were recorded in accordance with the applicable requirements of this subpart and part 75 of this chapter, including the quality assurance procedures and specifications; and
(2) For a unit with add-on SO2 emission controls and for all hours where SO2 data are substituted in accordance with § 75.34(a)(1) of this chapter, the add-on emission controls were operating within the range of parameters listed in the quality assurance/quality control program under appendix B to part 75 of this chapter and the substitute data values do not systematically underestimate SO2 emissions.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.