41 CFR 102-117.35 - What are the advantages and disadvantages of using GSA's tender of service?
(a) It is an advantage to use GSA's tender of service when you want to:
(1) Use GSA's authority to negotiate on behalf of the Federal Government and take advantage of the lower rates and optimum service that result from a larger volume of business;
(2) Use a uniform tender of service;
(3) Obtain assistance with loss and damage claims; and
(4) Use GSA's Transportation management and operations expertise.
(b) It is a disadvantage to use GSA's tender of service when:
(1) You want an agreement that is binding for a longer term than the GSA tender of service;
(2) You have sufficient time to follow FAR contracting procedures and are in position to make volume or shipment commitments under a FAR contract;
(4) Rates are not cost effective, as determined by the agency.
Title 41 published on 13-Jan-2018 04:03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 41 CFR Part 102-117 after this date.