41 CFR § 60-1.24 - Processing of matters.
(a) Complaints. OFCCP may refer appropriate complaints to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for processing under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, rather than processing under E.O. 11246 and the regulations in this chapter. Upon referring complaints to the EEOC, OFCCP shall promptly notify complainant(s) and the contractor of such referral.
(b) Complaint investigations. In conducting complaint investigations, OFCCP shall, as a minimum, conduct a thorough evaluation of the allegations of the complaint and shall be responsible for developing a complete case record. The case record should contain the name, address, and telephone number of each person interviewed, the interview statements, copies, transcripts, or summaries (where appropriate) of pertinent documents, a reference to at least one covered contract, and a narrative report of the investigation with references to exhibits and other evidence which relate to the alleged violations.
(2) If any complaint investigation or compliance review indicates a violation of the equal opportunity clause, the matter should be resolved by informal means whenever possible. Such informal means may include the holding of a compliance conference.
(3) Where any complaint investigation or compliance review indicates a violation of the equal opportunity clause and the matter has not been resolved by informal means, the Deputy Assistant Secretary shall proceed in accordance with § 60-1.26.
(4) When a prime contractor or subcontractor, without a hearing, shall have complied with the recommendations or orders of the Deputy Assistant Secretary and believes such recommendations or orders to be erroneous, he shall, upon filing a request therefor within ten days of such compliance, be afforded an opportunity for a hearing and review of the alleged erroneous action.
(5) For reasonable cause shown, the Deputy Assistant Secretary may reconsider or cause to be reconsidered any matter on his/her own motion or pursuant to a request.
(d) Reports to the Deputy Assistant Secretary.
(1) With the exception of complaints which have been referred to EEOC, within 60 days from receipt of a complaint or within such additional time as may be allowed by the Deputy Assistant Secretary for good cause shown, the complaint shall be processed and the case record developed containing the following information:
(i) Name and address of the complainant;
(iii) A statement of the disposition of the case, including any corrective action taken and any sanctions or penalties imposed or, whenever appropriate, the recommended corrective action and sanctions or penalties.
(2) A written report of every preaward compliance review required by this regulation or otherwise required by the Deputy Assistant Secretary, shall be developed and maintained.
(3) A written report of every other compliance review or any other matter processed involving an apparent violation of the equal opportunity clause shall be made. Such report shall contain a brief summary of the findings, including a statement of conclusions regarding the contractor's compliance or noncompliance with the requirements of the order, and a statement of the disposition of the case, including any corrective action taken or recommended and any sanctions or penalties imposed or recommended.