42 CFR 1001.1051 - Exclusion of individuals with ownership or control interest in sanctioned entities.
(1) Has a direct or indirect ownership or control interest in a sanctioned entity, and who knows or should know (as defined in section 1128A(i)(6) of the Act) of the action constituting the basis for the conviction or exclusion set forth in paragraph (b) of this section; or
(2) Is an officer or managing employee (as defined in section 1126(b) of the Act) of such an entity.
(b) For purposes of paragraph (a) of this section, the term “sanctioned entity” means an entity that -
(c) Length of exclusion.
(1) If the entity has been excluded, the length of the individual's exclusion will be for the same period as that of the sanctioned entity with which the individual has the prohibited relationship.
(2) If the entity was not excluded, the length of the individual's exclusion will be determined by considering the factors that would have been considered if the entity had been excluded.
(3) An individual excluded under this section may apply for reinstatement in accordance with the procedures set forth in § 1001.3001.