42 CFR 1001.2006 - Notice to others regarding exclusion.
(a) HHS will give notice of the exclusion and the effective date to the public, to beneficiaries (in accordance with § 1001.1901(c)), and, as appropriate, to -
(1) Any entity in which the excluded individual is known to be serving as an employee, administrator, operator, or in which the individual is serving in any other capacity and is receiving payment for providing services (The lack of this notice will not affect CMS's ability to deny payment for services);
(2) State Medicaid Fraud Control Units;
(3) Utilization and Quality Control Quality Improvement Organizations;
(4) Hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and health maintenance organizations;
(5) Medical societies and other professional organizations;
(6) Contractors, health care prepayment plans, private insurance companies and other affected agencies and organizations;
(7) The State and Area Agencies on Aging established under title III of the Older Americans Act;
(8) The National Practitioner Data Bank.
(9) Other Departmental operating divisions, Federal agencies, and other agencies or organizations, as appropriate.
(b) In the case of an exclusion under § 1001.101 of this chapter, if section 304(a)(5) of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 824(a)(5)) applies, HHS will give notice to the Attorney General of the United States of the facts and circumstances of the exclusion and the length of the exclusion.