42 CFR 1001.3001 - Timing and method of request for reinstatement.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (a)(2) of this section or in § 1001.501(b)(2), § 1001.501(c), or § 1001.601(b)(4), an excluded individual or entity (other than those excluded in accordance with §§ 1001.1001 and 1001.1501) may submit a written request for reinstatement to the OIG only after the date specified in the notice of exclusion. Obtaining a program provider number or equivalent does not reinstate eligibility.
(2) An entity excluded under § 1001.1001 may apply for reinstatement prior to the date specified in the notice of exclusion by submitting a written request for reinstatement that includes documentation demonstrating that the standards set forth in § 1001.3002(c) have been met.
(b) Upon receipt of a written request, the OIG will require the requestor to furnish specific information and authorization to obtain information from private health insurers, peer review bodies, probation officers, professional associates, investigative agencies and such others as may be necessary to determine whether reinstatement should be granted.
(c) Failure to furnish the required information or authorization will result in the continuation of the exclusion.
- 42 CFR 1001.501 — License Revocation or Suspension.
- 42 CFR 1001.601 — Exclusion or Suspension Under a Federal or State Health Care Program.
- 42 CFR 1004.130 — Reinstatement After Exclusion.
- 42 CFR 1001.1001 — Exclusion of Entities Owned or Controlled by a Sanctioned Person.
- 42 CFR 1003.1600 — Reinstatement.
- 42 CFR 1001.1551 — Exclusion of Individuals With Ownership or Control Interest in Sanctioned Entities.