42 CFR 124.510 - Record maintenance requirements.
(1) A facility shall maintain, make available for public inspection consistent with personal privacy, and provide to the Secretary on request, any records necessary to document its compliance with the requirements of this subpart in any fiscal year, including:
(i) Any documents from which the information required to be reported under § 124.509(a) was obtained;
(ii) Accounts which clearly segregate uncompensated services from other accounts; and
(iii) Copies of written determinations of eligibility under § 124.507.
(2) A facility shall retain the records maintained pursuant to paragraph (a)(1) for three years after submission of the report required by § 124.509(a)(1), except where a longer period is required by the Secretary, or until 180 days following the close of the Secretary's assessment investigation under § 124.511(b), whichever is less.
(3) A facility shall, within 60 days of the end of each fiscal year, determine the amount of uncompensated services it provided in that fiscal year. Documents that support the facility's determination shall be made available to the public on request. If a report is or will be filed under § 124.509(a)(1), a facility may respond to a request by providing a copy of the report to the requester.
(b)Facilities certified under § 124.513, § 124.514, § 124.516, or § 124.517. A facility certified under § 124.513, § 124.514, § 124.516, or § 124.517 shall retain, make available for public inspection consistent with personal privacy, and provide to the Secretary on request any records necessary to document compliance with the applicable requirements of this subpart in any fiscal year, including those documents provided to the Secretary under § 124.513(c), § 124.514(c), § 124.516(c), or § 124.517(b), as applicable. A facility shall maintain these records for three years, except where a longer period is required as a result of an investigation by the Secretary. In such cases, records must be kept until 180 days following the close of the Secretary's assessment investigation under § 124.511(b).
(c)Facilities certified under § 124.515. A facility certified under § 124.515 shall maintain the records required by its grant under section 329 or section 330 or its agreement under section 334 of the Act, as applicable, for such period of time as the grant agreement may require.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 124 after this date.
- 42 CFR 124.508 — Cessation of Uncompensated Services.
- 42 CFR 124.516 — Charitable Facility Compliance Alternative.
- 42 CFR 124.513 — Public Facility Compliance Alternative.
- 42 CFR 124.515 — Compliance Alternative for Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers and Certain National Health Service Corps Sites.
- 42 CFR 124.512 — Enforcement.