42 CFR 124.607 - Agreements with State agencies.
(a) Where the Secretary finds that it will promote the purposes of this subpart, and the State agency is able and willing to do so, he may enter into an agreement with the State agency for the State agency to assist him in administering this subpart in the State.
(b) Under an agreement, the State agency will provide the Secretary with any assistance he requests in any one or more of the following areas, as set out in the agreement:
(1) Investigation of complaints of noncompliance;
(2) Monitoring the compliance of facilities with the requirements of this subpart;
(3) Review of affirmative action plans submitted under § 124.606(b);
(4) Review of reports submitted under § 124.605;
(5) Making initial decisions for the Secretary with respect to compliance, subject to appeal by any party to the Secretary or review by the Secretary on his own initiative; and
(6) Application of any sanctions available to it under State law (such as license revocation or termination of State assistance) against facilities determined to be out of compliance with the requirements of this subpart.
(c) A State agency may use funds received under section 1525 of the Act to pay for expenses incurred in the course of carrying out this agreement.
(d) Nothing in this subpart precludes any State from taking any action authorized by State law regarding the provision of services by any facility in the State as long as the action taken does not prevent the Secretary from enforcing the requirements of this subpart.