42 CFR § 124.607 - Agreements with State agencies.
(a) Where the Secretary finds that it will promote the purposes of this subpart, and the State agency is able and willing to do so, he may enter into an agreement with the State agency for the State agency to assist him in administering this subpart in the State.
(1) Investigation of complaints of noncompliance;
(2) Monitoring the compliance of facilities with the requirements of this subpart;
(3) Review of affirmative action plans submitted under § 124.606(b);
(4) Review of reports submitted under § 124.605;
(6) Application of any sanctions available to it under State law (such as license revocation or termination of State assistance) against facilities determined to be out of compliance with the requirements of this subpart.
(d) Nothing in this subpart precludes any State from taking any action authorized by State law regarding the provision of services by any facility in the State as long as the action taken does not prevent the Secretary from enforcing the requirements of this subpart.