42 CFR 124.704 - Notification of sale, transfer, or change of use.
(a) The transferor of a facility that is sold or transferred as described in § 124.703(a), or the owner of a facility which ceases to be a public or other nonprofit facility as described in § 124.703(b), shall provide the Secretary written notice of such sale, transfer, or other change not later than 10 days after the date on which the sale, transfer, or change occurs.
(1) Transfer. For purposes of this subpart, a transfer occurs when a facility is conveyed to another entity through lease, merger, bankruptcy, foreclosure, or other arrangement.
(2) Cease to be. For purposes of this subpart,
(ii) A facility “ceases to be a public or nonprofit facility” when an entity that is not a public or other non-profit corporation or association assumes management responsibilities with respect to the facility which, in the Secretary's judgment, are so pervasive as to constitute operation of the facility. The manager will not be deemed to be the operator of the facility if the management agreement contains both of the following provisions:
The Board of Directors of the facility retains authority to terminate the agreement at any time upon reasonable notice to the contractor.
No employee of the contractor may be a member of the facility's Board of Directors.
(1) The date of the sale, transfer, or other event that gives rise to the notice;
(2) Copies of any sales contracts, lease agreements, management contracts or other documents pertinent to the event giving rise to the notice;
(3) Estimates of current assets, current liabilities, book value of equipment, the expected value of land on the new owner's books, and the remaining depreciation for all fixed assets involved in the transaction calculated on a straight line basis using commonly adopted expected useful lifetimes.
(c) Failure to provide notice. Failure to provide the information required by paragraph (b) of this section, will be considered failure to provide the notice required by this section. In any case in which such information has not been provided, the Secretary will, promptly upon receiving an incomplete notice or otherwise discovering that a sale, transfer or other event giving rise to a recovery may have occurred, send a letter to the owner of the facility requesting the information needed to calculate a recovery amount.