42 CFR 130.10 - Who is eligible for payment under the Act - living persons with HIV.
The following individuals are eligible for payment under the Act if they are living at the time that payment is to be made on a petition and have an HIV infection:
(a) An individual who has any form of blood-clotting disorder, such as hemophilia, who was treated with antihemophilic factor at any place defined in § 130.2(o), or at any diplomatic area or military installation of the United States, at any time during the time period from July 1, 1982, to December 31, 1987.
(b) An individual who is:
(2) The former lawful spouse of the individual with a blood-clotting disorder and HIV, if the former lawful spouse can assert with reasonable certainty, through medical documentation, transmission of HIV from the individual with a blood-clotting disorder and HIV.
(c) An individual who acquired the HIV infection through perinatal transmission from a parent who is the individual with a blood-clotting disorder and HIV, the lawful spouse with HIV or the former lawful spouse with HIV.
- 42 CFR 130.21 — What Documentation Is Required for Petitions Filed by Living Persons With HIV?
- 42 CFR 130.11 — Who Is Eligible for Payment Under the Act - Survivors of Persons With HIV.
- 42 CFR 130.22 — What Documentation Is Required for Petitions Filed by Survivors of Persons With HIV, Which Are Filed in Cases Where the Person With HIV Dies Before Filing a Petition?
- 42 CFR 130.2 — Definitions.