42 CFR 403.808 - Use of transitional assistance funds.
(a)Individuals determined eligible for transitional assistance in 2004. Subject to paragraph (d) of this section, an individual who, in calendar year 2004, is determined eligible for transitional assistance under § 403.810(b) is entitled to the following:
(1) $600 in calendar year 2004; and
(2) $600 in calendar year 2005.
(b)Individuals determined eligible for transitional assistance in 2005. Subject to paragraph (d) of this section, an individual who, in calendar year 2005, is determined eligible for transitional assistance under § 403.810(b) is entitled to one of the following amounts for calendar year 2005:
(d)Conditions on use of transitional assistance. A transitional assistance enrollee may access the transitional assistance described in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section only if the following conditions are met:
(1) Except as provided in § 403.814(b)(3)(v), the transitional assistance funds are applied toward the cost of a covered discount card drug obtained under the Medicare Prescription Drug Discount Card and Transitional Assistance Program;
(2) The individual pays a coinsurance amount in accordance with § 403.808(e);
(4) The individual is enrolled in the Medicare Prescription Drug Discount Card and Transitional Assistance Program on the date the individual's claim for the covered discount card drug is adjudicated.
(2) For beneficiaries with incomes greater than 100 percent but at or below 135 percent of the poverty line, 90 percent of the price of a covered discount card drug must be paid from the available transitional assistance funds.
(f)Rollover. An individual with transitional assistance retains access to any balance of transitional assistance not expended in a calendar year during the next calendar year, up to and including the transition period, if the individual -
(1) Remains in his or her current endorsed discount card program;
(2) Elects a new endorsed program in an Annual Coordinated Election Period; or
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 403 after this date.
- 42 CFR 403.806 — Sponsor Requirements for Eligibility for Endorsement.
- 42 CFR 403.808 — Use of Transitional Assistance Funds.
- 42 CFR 403.822 — Reimbursement of Transitional Assistance and Associated Sponsor Requirements.
- 42 CFR 403.815 — Special Rules Concerning States.
- 42 CFR 403.802 — Definitions.