42 CFR 403.810 - Eligibility and reconsiderations.
(a)Eligibility for an endorsed discount card program. An individual is eligible to enroll in an endorsed discount card program only if such individual meets the following conditions:
(2) The individual, at the time of applying to enroll in an endorsed discount card program, is not enrolled in a State medical assistance program under Title XIX of the Act or under a waiver pursuant to section 1115 of the Act, under which the individual is entitled to any medical assistance for outpatient prescribed drugs as described in section 1905(a)(12) of the Act, except as allowed in § 403.817(d).
(b)Eligibility for transitional assistance. An individual is eligible to receive transitional assistance if, at the time of applying for transitional assistance, the individual meets the following conditions:
(1) The individual meets the conditions in paragraph (a) of this section;
(2) The individual resides in one of the 50 States or the District of Columbia;
(4) The individual does not have coverage for covered discount card drugs under one or more of the following sources:
(i) A group health plan or health insurance coverage, as these terms are defined under section 2791 of the Public Health Service Act, other than a Part C plan or a group health plan consisting solely of excepted benefits (such as a Medigap plan) as the term is defined under section 2791 of the Public Health Service Act;
(ii) Coverage provided under Chapter 55 of Title 10, United States Code, including TRICARE; or
(iii) A Federal Employee's Health Benefits Program plan; and
(5) The individual (or the individual's authorized representative) completes a standard enrollment form and signs and dates the form in accordance with § 403.811(a)(4). By signing the form, the individual (or the individual's authorized representative) certifies, under penalty of perjury, that, to the best of the individual's knowledge, the information he or she provides on the form is accurate.
(1) Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB);
(3) Qualified Individual (QI).
(d)Duration of eligibility determinations. An individual determined eligible for the Medicare Prescription Drug Discount Card and Transitional Assistance Program and, in the case of transitional assistance enrollees, for transitional assistance, shall remain eligible for the Medicare Prescription Drug Discount Card and Transitional Assistance Program and, in the case of transitional assistance enrollees, for transitional assistance for the duration of the individual's enrollment in the Medicare Prescription Drug Discount Card and Transitional Assistance Program.
(e)Drug card and transitional assistance benefits not treated as benefits under other Federal programs. Any benefits received under the Medicare Prescription Drug Discount Card and Transitional Assistance Program must not be taken into account in determining an individual's eligibility for, or the amount of benefits under, any other Federal program.
(f)Verification of eligibility.
(2) If CMS is unable to verify an individual's eligibility or ineligibility for transitional assistance, CMS can require the individual to provide additional income information in a form and manner specified by CMS as one condition of eligibility for transitional assistance.
(1) If an individual is determined ineligible to enroll in an endorsed discount card program under paragraph (a) of this section or determined ineligible to receive transitional assistance under paragraph (b) of this section, the individual (or the individual's authorized representative) has a right to request that an independent review entity under contract with CMS reconsider the determination.
(2) Reconsideration requests must be filed within 60 days from date of notice of an ineligibility determination, unless the individual (or the individual's authorized representative) can demonstrate good cause for why the 60-day time frame should be extended.
(3) An individual (or the individual's authorized representative) may submit additional documentary evidence or an explanation about his or her eligibility in writing to the independent review entity, as part of the reconsideration process.
(4) Reconsideration decisions shall be issued by the independent review entity in writing and contain an explanation of the reasoning of the decision.
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 403 after this date.
- 42 CFR 403.806 — Sponsor Requirements for Eligibility for Endorsement.
- 42 CFR 403.817 — Special Rules Concerning the Territories.
- 42 CFR 403.815 — Special Rules Concerning States.
- 42 CFR 403.802 — Definitions.
- 42 CFR 403.814 — Special Rules Concerning Part C Organizations and Medicare Cost Plans and Their Enrollees.