42 CFR 405.1042 - The administrative record.
(a)Creating the record.
(1) The ALJ makes a complete record of the evidence, including the hearing proceedings, if any.
(2) The record will include marked as exhibits, the documents used in making the decision under review, including, but not limited to, claims, medical records, written statements, certificates, reports, affidavits, and any other evidence the ALJ admits. In the record, the ALJ must also discuss any evidence excluded under § 405.1028 and include a justification for excluding the evidence.
(5) A typed transcription of the hearing is prepared if a party seeks judicial review of the case in a Federal district court within the stated time period and all other jurisdictional criteria are met, unless, upon the Secretary's motion prior to the filing of an answer, the court remands the case.
(b)Requesting and receiving copies of the record.
(1) A party may request and receive a copy of all or part of the record, including the exhibits list, documentary evidence, and a copy of the tape of the oral proceedings. The party may be asked to pay the costs of providing these items.
(2) If a party requests all or part of the record from the ALJ and an opportunity to comment on the record, the time beginning with the ALJ's receipt of the request through the expiration of the time granted for the party's response does not count toward the 90 calendar day adjudication deadline.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 405 after this date.