42 CFR § 405.2404 - Termination of rural health clinic agreements.
(a) Termination by RHC -
(2) Action by the Secretary.
(A) Unduly disrupt the furnishing of services to the community serviced by the RHC; or
(B) Otherwise interfere with the effective and efficient administration of the Medicare program.
(3) Cessation of business. If a RHC ceases to furnish services to the community, the Secretary deems it to be a voluntary termination of the agreement by the RHC, effective on the last day of business.
(b) Termination by the Secretary -
(1) Cause for termination. The Secretary may terminate an agreement if he or she determines that the RHC:
(i) No longer meets the conditions for certification under part 491 of this chapter;
(ii) Is not in substantial compliance with the provisions of the agreement, the requirements of this subpart, any other applicable regulations of this part, or any applicable provisions of title XVIII of the Act; or
(iii) Has undergone a change of ownership.
(d) Notice to the public. Prompt notice of the date and effect of termination must be given to the public by either of the following:
(2) The Secretary, when he or she has terminated the agreement.
(e) Conditions for reinstatement after termination of agreement by the Secretary. When an agreement with a RHC is terminated by the Secretary, the RHC may not file another agreement to participate in the Medicare program unless the Secretary:
(1) Finds that the reason for the termination of the prior agreement has been removed; and
(2) Is assured that the reason for the termination will not recur.