42 CFR § 405.2413 - Services and supplies incident to a physician's services.
(a) Services and supplies incident to a physician's professional service are reimbursable under this subpart if the service or supply is:
(1) Of a type commonly furnished in physicians' offices;
(2) Of a type commonly rendered either without charge or included in the RHC's or FQHC's bill;
(3) Furnished as an incidental, although integral, part of a physician's professional services;
(4) Services and supplies must be furnished in accordance with applicable State law; and
(5) Furnished under the direct supervision of a physician, except that services and supplies furnished incident to Transitional Care Management, General Care Management, and the Psychiatric Collaborative Care Model can be furnished under general supervision of a physician when these services or supplies are furnished by auxiliary personnel, as defined in § 410.26(a)(1) of this chapter.
(b) Only drugs and biologicals which cannot be self-administered are included within the scope of this benefit.