42 CFR 412.115 - Additional payments.
(a)Bad debts. An additional payment is made to each hospital in accordance with § 413.89 of this chapter for bad debts attributable to deductible and coinsurance amounts related to covered services received by beneficiaries.
(b)Administration of blood clotting factor. For discharges occurring on or after June 19, 1990, and before October 1, 1994, and for discharges occurring on or after October 1, 1997, an additional payment is made to a hospital for each unit of blood clotting factor furnished to a Medicare inpatient who is a hemophiliac. For discharges occurring on or after October 1, 2005, the additional payment is made based on the average sales price methodology specified in subpart K, part 414 of this chapter and the furnishing fee specified in § 410.63 of this subchapter.
(c)QIO photocopy and mailing costs. An additional payment is made to a hospital in accordance with § 476.78 of this chapter for the costs of photocopying and mailing medical records requested by a QIO.
- 42 CFR 412.2 — Basis of Payment.
- 42 CFR 510.200 — Time Periods, Included and Excluded Services, and Attribution.
- 42 CFR 412.125 — Effect of Change of Ownership on Payments Under the Prospective Payment Systems.
- 42 CFR 476.78 — Responsibilities of Providers and Practitioners.
- 42 CFR 512.210 — Included and Excluded Services.