42 CFR 412.500 - Basis and scope of subpart.
(a)Basis. This subpart implements the following:
(2) Section 307 of Public Law 106-554, which states that the Secretary shall examine and may provide for appropriate adjustments to that system, including adjustments to DRG weights, area wage adjustments, geographic reclassification, outliers, updates, and disproportionate share adjustments consistent with section 1886(d)(5)(F) of the Act.
(3) Section 114 of Public Law 110-173, which contains several provisions regarding long-term care hospitals, including the -
(i) Amendment of section 1886 of the Act to add a new subsection (m) that references section 123 of Public Law 106-113 and section 307(b) of Public Law 106-554 for the establishment and implementation of a prospective payment system for payments under title XVIII for inpatient hospital services furnished by a long-term care hospital described in section 1886(d)(1)(B)(iv) of the Act; and
(ii) Revision of the standard Federal rate for RY 2008.
(4) Section 4302(a) of Public Law 111-5, which amended sections 114(c) and (d) of Public Law 110-173 relating to several moratoria on the establishment of new long-term care hospitals and satellite facilities and on the increase in the number of beds in existing long-term care hospitals and satellite facilities under the long-term care hospital prospective payment system.
(5) Sections 3106(a) and 10312(a) of Public Law 111-148, which extended certain payment rules and moratoria under the long-term care hospital prospective payment system by further amending sections 114(c) and (d) of Public Law 110-173.
(6) Section 1206 of Public Law 113-67, which further extended certain payment rules and moratoria under the long-term care hospital prospective payment system by amending sections 114(c) and (d) of Public Law 110-173, and which:
(i) Added a new section 1886(m)(6) to the Act to establish a site neutral payment amount for long-term care hospital discharges that fail to meet the applicable criteria in cost reporting periods beginning on or after October 1, 2015; and
(ii) Requires the Secretary's review of the payment rates and regulations governing long-term care hospitals established under section 1886(d)(1)(B)(iv)(II) of the Act and application of payment adjustments based on that review.
(b)Scope. This subpart sets forth the framework for the prospective payment system for long-term care hospitals, including the methodology used for the development of payment rates and associated adjustments and related rules. Under this system, for cost reporting periods beginning on or after October 1, 2002, payment for the operating and capital-related costs of inpatient hospital services furnished by long-term care hospitals is made on the basis of prospectively determined rates and applied on a per discharge basis.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 412 after this date.