42 CFR 414.2 - Definitions.
As used in this part, unless the context indicates otherwise -
AA stands for anesthesiologist assistant.
AHPB stands for adjusted historical payment basis.
CF stands for conversion factor.
CRNA stands for certified registered nurse anesthetist.
CY stands for calendar year.
FY stands for fiscal year.
GAF stands for geographic adjustment factor.
GPCI stands for geographic practice cost index.
HCPCS stands for CMS Common Procedure Coding System.
Physician services means the following services to the extent that they are covered by Medicare:
(1) Professional services of doctors of medicine and osteopathy (including osteopathic practitioners), doctors of optometry, doctors of podiatry, doctors of dental surgery and dental medicine, and chiropractors.
(4) Diagnostic x-ray tests and other diagnostic tests (excluding diagnostic laboratory tests paid under the fee schedule established under section 1833(h) of the Act).
(5) X-ray, radium, and radioactive isotope therapy, including materials and services of technicians.
(6) Antigens, as described in section 1861(s)(2)(G) of the Act.
(7) Bone mass measurement.
RVU stands for relative value unit.
(8) Screening mammography services.
- 42 CFR 405.534 — Limitation on Payment for Screening Mammography Services.
- 42 CFR 405.535 — Special Rule for Nonparticipating Physicians and Suppliers Furnishing Screening Mammography Services Before January 1, 2002.
- 42 CFR 414.20 — Formula for Computing Fee Schedule Amounts.
- 42 CFR 414.67 — Incentive Payments for Services Furnished in Health Professional Shortage Areas.
- 42 CFR 414.24 — Publication of RVUs and Direct PE Inputs.
- 42 CFR 415.200 — Services of Residents in Approved GME Programs.