42 CFR 414.2 - Definitions.
As used in this part, unless the context indicates otherwise -
AA stands for anesthesiologist assistant.
AHPB stands for adjusted historical payment basis.
CF stands for conversion factor.
CRNA stands for certified registered nurse anesthetist.
CY stands for calendar year.
FY stands for fiscal year.
GAF stands for geographic adjustment factor.
GPCI stands for geographic practice cost index.
HCPCS stands for CMS Common Procedure Coding System.
Physician services means the following services to the extent that they are covered by Medicare:
(1) Professional services of doctors of medicine and osteopathy (including osteopathic practitioners), doctors of optometry, doctors of podiatry, doctors of dental surgery and dental medicine, and chiropractors.
(2) Supplies and services covered “incident to” physician services (excluding drugs as specified in § 414.36).
(4) Diagnostic x-ray tests and other diagnostic tests (excluding diagnostic laboratory tests paid under the fee schedule established under section 1833(h) of the Act).
(5) X-ray, radium, and radioactive isotope therapy, including materials and services of technicians.
(6) Antigens, as described in section 1861(s)(2)(G) of the Act.
(7) Bone mass measurement.
RVU stands for relative value unit.
(8) Screening mammography services.
Title 42 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 414 after this date.