42 CFR § 422.352 - Basic requirements.
(1) Has obtained a waiver of State licensure as provided for under § 422.370;
(2) Meets the definition of a PSO set forth in § 422.350 and other applicable requirements of this subpart; and
(b) Provision of services. A PSO must demonstrate to CMS's satisfaction that it is capable of delivering to Medicare enrollees the range of services required under a contract with CMS. Each PSO must deliver a substantial proportion of those services directly through the provider or the affiliated providers responsible for operating the PSO. Substantial proportion means -
(1) For a non-rural PSO, not less than 70% of Medicare services covered under the contract.
(2) For a rural PSO, not less than 60% of Medicare services covered under the contract.
(c) Rural PSO. To qualify as a rural PSO, a PSO must -
(1) Demonstrate to CMS that -
(2) Enroll Medicare beneficiaries, the majority of which reside in the rural area the PSO serves.