42 CFR 423.2022 - Notice of a hearing before an ALJ.
(a)Issuing the notice.
(1) After the ALJ sets the time and place of the hearing, the notice of the hearing will be mailed or otherwise transmitted to the enrollee and other potential participants, as provided in § 423.2020(c) at their last known addresses, or given by personal service, unless the enrollee or other potential participant indicates in writing that he or she does not wish to receive this notice.
(2) The notice is mailed or served at least 20 calendar days before the hearing, except for expedited hearings where written notice is mailed or served at least 3 calendar days before the hearing. For expedited hearings, the ALJ may orally provide notice of the hearing to the enrollee and other potential participants but oral notice must be followed by an equivalent written notice within 1 calendar day of the oral notice.
(2) The notice must include an explanation of the procedures for requesting a change in the time or place of the hearing, a reminder that, if the enrollee fails to appear at the scheduled hearing without good cause, the ALJ may dismiss the hearing request, and other information about the scheduling and conduct of the hearing.
(3) The enrollee will also be told if his or her appearance or that of any other witness is scheduled by video-teleconferencing, telephone, or in person. If the ALJ has scheduled the enrollee to appear at the hearing by video-teleconferencing, the notice of hearing will advise that the scheduled place for the hearing is a video-teleconferencing site and explain what it means to appear at the hearing by video-teleconferencing.
(4) The notice advises the enrollee that if he or she objects to appearing by video-teleconferencing or telephone, and wishes instead to have his or her hearing at a time and place where he or she may appear in person before the ALJ, he or she must follow the procedures set forth at § 423.2020(i) for notifying the ALJ of his or her objections and for requesting an in-person hearing.
(c)Acknowledging the notice of hearing.
(2) If the enrollee states that he or she did not receive the notice of hearing, an amended notice is sent to him or her by certified mail or, if available, fax or e-mail. See § 423.2052 for the procedures the ALJ follows in deciding if the time or place of a scheduled hearing will be changed if an enrollee does not respond to the notice of hearing).
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 423 after this date.