42 CFR 423.2042 - The administrative record.
(a)Creating the record.
(2) The record will include marked as exhibits, the documents used in making the decision under review, including, but not limited to, medical records, written statements, certificates, reports, affidavits, and any other evidence the ALJ admits.
(4) If a request for review is filed, the complete record, including any recording of the hearing, is forwarded to the MAC.
(5) A typed transcription of the hearing is prepared if an enrollee seeks judicial review of the case in a Federal district court within the stated time period and all other jurisdictional criteria are met, unless, upon the Secretary's motion prior to the filing of an answer, the court remands the case.
(b)Requesting and receiving copies of the record.
(1) An enrollee may request and receive a copy of all or part of the record, including the exhibits list, documentary evidence, and a copy of the tape of the oral proceedings. The enrollee may be asked to pay the costs of providing these items.
(2) If an enrollee requests all or part of the record from the ALJ and an opportunity to comment on the record, the time beginning with the ALJ's receipt of the request through the expiration of the time granted for the enrollee's response does not count toward the adjudication deadline.
Title 42 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 423 after this date.